Saturday, October 25, 2008

GEISAI Miami Help

Dear Friends,

I am totally stoked to announce that I have been invited to participate in this years GEISAI Miami fair, curated by Joao Ribas, Matthew Higgs and Shamim M. Momin. If you're in Miami during Art Basel (December 3rd - 7th), you should most definitely stop by and say hello, buy a zine and bring me Polaroids of the beach since I will be holed up indoors all day.

However, I am not so stoked on the fact that I am poor. If anyone knows of cheap hotels within walking distance of the event (Parliament Building of SoHo Studios, 2136 NW 1st Ave (@ NW 21st Street), Miami, FL 33127), or will be staying in Miami for Basel and would be willing to let me sleep on their couch or floor between November 30th - December 7th, it would be very much appreciated. I can cook you tasty meals if it's a house or apartment, or will trade you a print or book in exchange.

See you all soon!
Gregg
http://greggevans.net

Also, if anyone knows of any emergency artist funding, I want to get my work framed for the fair, but can't afford it on my own. Any leads?

No comments: